STARRING Vanessa Redgrave (Mary Cavan Tyrone); Brian Dennehy (James Tyrone); Philip Seymour Hoffman (James Tyrone, Jr.); Robert Sean Leonard (Edmund Tyrone) and Fiana Toibin (Cathleen).
Understudies Christopher Wynkoop (James Tyrone); C.J. Wilson (James Tyrone, Jr.); Michael Dempsey (Edmund Tyrone); Morgan Hallett (Cathleen).
Associate Set Designer: David Swayze; Associate Costume Designer: Cheri Trotter; Assistant Lighting Designer: Charles Pennebaker and Jason Lyons; Assistant Sound Designer: Erich Bechtel; Assistant Director: Catherine Baker Steindler; Dialect Coach: Deborah Hecht; Casting by Bernard Telsey Casting, C.S.A., Bernie Telsey; Casting Associate: Will Cantler, David Vaccari, Bethany Berg, Victoria Pettibone, Craig Burns, Tiffany Little Canfield and Christine Todino; Technical Supervisor: Neil Mazzella; Production Stage Manager: Jane Grey; Assistant Stage Managed by Philip Cusack and Assistant to the Stage Managers: Sid King
General Managed by Albert Poland; Company Managed by Bruce Klinger; Press Representative: Richard Kornberg, Don Summa, Tom D’Ambrosio, Carrie Friedman and Rick Miramontez; Marketing Online by Toby Simkin; Study Guide by SparkNotes.com; Advertising by SpotCo, Jim Aquino, Lauren Hunter, Drew Hodges and Jim Edwards; Merchandising by Show Property LLC and Randi Grossman; Production Carpenter: Walter Murphy; Production Electrician: Richard Beck; Production Props: Abe Morrison; Production Sound Engineer: Cynthia Hawkins; Wardrobe Supervisor: Dave Olin Rogers; Ms. Redgrave’s Dresser: Barbara Rosenthal; Mr. Dennehy’s Dresser: Kathe Mull; Wigs by Broadway Wig Company and Production Assistant: Alicia Mandelkow.
Assistant to Mr. Richenthal: Judy Insel; Assistant to Mr. Bagert: Jonathan Todd Ross; Assistant to Mr. Poland: Janet Casamento; Legal Counsel: Franklin, Weinrib, Rudell & Vassallo, P.C., Elliot H. Brown and Dan Wasser; Banking by JPMorganChase; Insurance by DeWitt Stern Group, Peter Shoemaker and Stan Levine; Payroll by Castellana Services Inc.; Accounting by Rosenberg, Neuwirth & Kuchner, Mark D’Ambrosi, Jana Jevnikar and Frank Neuwirth; Travel Services by TSI/Tzell Travel; Rehearsal Space at the New 42nd Street Studios; Scenery Construction by Hudson Scenic Studio Inc.; Lighting Supply by Fourth Phase Lighting Inc.; Sound Equipment by Sound Associates.
- The Director is a member of the Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, Inc. an independent national labor union.
- The Actors and Stage Managers employed in this production are members of Actor’s Equity Association, The union of professional actors and stage managers in the United States.
- United Scenic Artists represents the designers and scenic painters for the American Theatre.
- Backstage and Front of House Employees are represented by the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (or I.A.T.S.E.)
- The Press Agents, Company and House Managers employed in this production are represented by the Association of Theatrical Press Agents & Managers.
Long Day’s Journey into Night covers a fateful, heart-rending day from around 8:30 am to midnight, in August 1912 at the seaside Connecticut home of the Tyrone family – the semi-autobiographical representations of O’Neill himself, his older brother, and their parents at their home, Monte Cristo Cottage. The miserly actor father, the grasping mother addicted to morphine, the alcoholic older son and the tubercular younger son — come to grips with their twisted love for one another in Eugene O’Neill’s Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning play.
- TONY AWARD WINNER for Best Revival of a Play to Long Days Journey Into Night;
- TONY AWARD WINNER for Best Actor in a Play to Brian Dennehy;
- TONY AWARD WINNER for Best Actress in a Play to Vanessa Redgrave;
- TONY AWARD NOMINATION for Best Direction of a Play to Robert Falls;
- TONY AWARD NOMINATION for Best Featured Actor in a Play to Philip Seymour Hoffman;
- TONY AWARD NOMINATION for Best Featured Actor in a Play to Robert Sean Leonard;
- TONY AWARD NOMINATION for Best Scenic Design (Play or Musical) to Santo Loquasto;
- DRAMA DESK AWARD NOMINEE for Outstanding Actor In A Play to Brian Dennehy;
- DRAMA DESK AWARD WINNER for Outstanding Actress In A Play to Vanessa Redgrave;
- DRAMA DESK AWARD WINNER for Outstanding Director Of A Play to Robert Falls;
- DRAMA DESK AWARD NOMINEE for Outstanding Featured Actor In A Play to Philip Seymour Hoffman;
- DRAMA DESK AWARD WINNER for Outstanding Revival Of A Play to Long Days Journey Into Night;
- DRAMA LEAGUE NOMINEE for Distinguished Production Of A Revival to Long Days Journey Into Night;